More and more iPads are making their way into schools. As an educator, you may be wondering, “How can I make sure that iPads are used as meaningful tools to enhance student learning and promote 21st century skills in my classroom?” Their use in educational settings provides enormous potential to enhance teacher productivity and student learning. During this course, participants will begin by learning tips and tricks to effectively use iPads. From there, participants will examine the SAMR model to use as a lens for creating meaningful learning experiences using the iPad. Participants will examine ways to truly leverage the power of iPads as learning tools, moving beyond using iPads in classrooms as consumption tools, to using them with students as creation, curation and collaboration tools. Throughout this course, participants will use iPads to create, curate and collaborate while planning ways to do the same with students.
Through participation in this workshop, participants will:
- develop a working knowledge of how to use the iPad.
- enhance their comfort level using an iPad in their professional work.
- examine the SAMR model and 4 Cs as they relate to integration of iPads in teaching and learning.
- explore a variety of apps with a focus on enhancing teacher and student workflow.
- reflect upon the logistics of using iPads in classrooms and schools.
- create a final project for use with students, parents and/or colleagues.